The 6th Working Group Meeting on Community-based MRV systems in the Guiana Shield took place in Guyana, from 24th to 27th of August, 2015. It was organized in collaboration with WWF and the Global Canopy Program.
During this event, participants from inside and outside the region were gathered to share experiences and approaches that have been developped in the Guiana Shield and beyond, in terms of Community-based MRV, exploring existing methods and tools, in the perspective of learning lessons and spreading good practices.
Please find below the relevant documents produced for this event.
- Terms of reference in English and in Portuguese
- Preliminary agenda in English and in Portuguese
- Logistics note in English and Portuguese
- Preparation note in English and Portuguese
Join the discussion group on this link
Session 1 : Introduction to CMRV and its status in the participating countries
- Introduction to WGM6 – ONFI
- Mind-mapping exercise – WWF
- Suriname presentation – NIMOS
- Guyana presentation – GFC
- French Guiana presentation – ONF
- Amapá presentation – IEF
Session 2 : Impacts and results of CMRV initiatives and their inclusion in NMRV
Session 3 : Using technology to support the inclusion of CMRV in NMRV systems
- Existing tools and methods – ODK Tools – Roxroy Bollers
Links to tutorials and other relavant training material